Sunday, June 22, 2014

And I dream on

I have spent several hours pondering on growing old, the latest occasion being a few weeks ago when I was walking on a deserted beach.

At a point when there are many more decades behind me than ahead, would regret be the foremost thought in my mind? Would I still shrink my face in disgust that regret should be the first emotion that I even consider?

Would my path be partaken by some stroke of luck leaving memories of contentment to withhold? Would I still be a dreamer of improbabilities? Or would I have lived long enough for one such thing to cross over into the realm of reality by sheer statistics?

The only thing I'm certain about is that I would still be a crazy over-thinker :)

Anyway, if I have a chance I'd love to come back to this place on a day when panicking about bug reports is a thing of the past. I'd watch the sunset from this very bench, with a glass of wine to accompany me. Or whiskey if I'm particularly feisty that night. Mark Knopfler's Rudiger would surely be playing. As the sun sinks into the Pacific, I'd hit replay and close my eyes.

And hence I dream on!


P.S. @Aravinth: Me: 1 | Stereotype: 0  

4 comments:

  1. I'm sure this dream can come into reality... Hence not a fairytale: P (un handwriting Ku venumna .5 pts kudupom)
    I too love the idea of deserted road r beach with a bench and BG music :D
    Hope im sane enough to do it after decades... And u remain free enough to over think :) Cheers to that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers :)
      But you always find some silly technicality! I am taking my point against the stereotype :D

      Delete
    2. How else wud I get to eat away ur points... BTW wine wud suck for that ambience... Hot bajji :D or n the lonely road a French chocolate dessert :)

      Delete
    3. By starting your own blog, that's how! And no!! Bajji goes with tea and rain ;)

      Delete