Sunday, February 9, 2014

One more time

The days I've known you are short
an open book, my mind to you from the start
a face or two, I have seen of your gales
Ah! The few glimpses proclaim many tales

You crossed paths with a few strange men
the stories would fill many pages when you decide to pen
your affection once touched a nerve
Ever so profuse and infectious, is your verve

Akin to me in quite some ways
full of life, charming on most days
beloved friend, so willfully stronger
you inspire me like no other

Yet a million memories threaten havoc
as a pang of warning creeps down the pit of my stomach
wishing for more than stark rhyme
I go through the motions one more time.

Song in my head: Infallible by Pearl Jam



3 comments:

  1. I'm spellbound! Absolutely fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And the title of the song in the end, kinda ironic, wonder if that was intentional :)

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much! touched the me ;)
      and yes, as always.

      Delete