Thursday, March 13, 2014

I should have known!

We once strolled along the same trail
one we didn't share, one for which we didn't quite care
to walk away from the path, never did we ponder
deliberately unaware, of the treasure that lay yonder.

When we reached the inevitable fork our paths drifted
I tried to scale new heights, sliding down many slopes
you were always there to silently support
picking myself up, I knew we had grown better rapport

Our roads are now a long way apart
I peer backwards, trying to look through the past
the search for old records ends in a prized find
as the memory of a cheerful voice fills my mind

So high in drama, surely I should have known
that we had no choice but to end up good friends.
"The word starts with G and ends with L
such obscenities you'll never hear me spell"

Song in my head: For absent friends by Opeth



2 comments: