Saturday, February 2, 2013

Off to the Paradise


Upon that familiar path I tread,
The notes of a forlorn song ringing in my head
The films of the good ol’ dreams start rolling
Ah, these are the only means that keep me going.


Off to the paradise, and be back in a fortnight is the call
I wonder why my happiness is incomplete, after all
It’s my memories that answer me,
For suddenly I see you standing beside me

Together we walk fast
Into the realms of my past
Reliving those long-forgotten memories
Leaving behind all other worries,

To the ground where I rode my first cycle
To the school where I grew up breaking every single obstacle
To the temple which has seen many a tear of mine, 
And finally, to my home – the abode of the divine.

I wake up with a start, for my destination has come at last
My dreams, in which I’ve found solace all along have come to a halt.
Here I’m, finally, at my paradise 
Your absence makes all the difference, I realize!

To the one who promised to 'meet this time' for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment